Monday, March 3, 2008

Empty and Sad


This morning I am empty and sad instead of full and happy. It seems that denial has many dance partners, happiness and postive thinking among them.


I'll be in the Chemo Chair again tomorrow and am fearful of the side effects experienced last time.


The folks at the Hammer and the Healer called a board meeting yesterday; what's up with the assigned seating? They always put Denial and Fault on either side of me, and Death and Hope straight across from me.


Death is currently negotiating for a permanent office but they're not biting. His desk is under the concrete stairs in the emergency exit corridor. He says it's too cold in there and it's hard for him to work in such poor conditions. He says he's going to call WCB.


Hope has a permanent office but it's in the photocopier room. I guess they set it up that way so I'd have to run in to her several times a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, this isn't just yours. you are part of this world and we are each intimately connected. i saw it once. the string that covered us all. once i saw my hand in fluid motion with a table...yes i was high on something :) but it doesn't matter, it just allowed me to see what was hidden in plain view, i saw it and it can't be taken back. so, your pain is everyone's pain. we each feel a little pull when things are less than good for you, for everyone. so, imagine, if all of us gave you a little piece of joy how much you'd have...???
today i give you 3 pieces...and more if you need them...
linda

Soressa said...

Oh Treice,
I know you finally got a referral to another oncologist. If you want to talk about that, we all want to know.
I hope you've got the retreat lined up. It is not a fix-all, but I believe it is a fix-alot. The ups and downs must be extreme, and you are in the midst of the chemo therapy blues; I am in the midst of loving you and wishing for a respite in the form of a warm Florida getaway.
Soressa