Thursday, February 28, 2008

Today

Today, I feel like living but don't know how. Today, I want it more than ever but can't seem to grab it. Today with the buzz gone, I am down. I think I thought that the kindness would save my life; but alas the battle is still mine. Who gets this job? Me. Who wants it? Not me. In Charge of saving my own life, really? Me?

The Cancer Agency is bound by protocol; their protocol; the one devised by board members and research dollars. The one that says those that can be saved will, and those [who they don't believe can be saved] won't, or they won't help them as much as the ones who can.

So who will give me a hysterectomy? Their surgeon was originally on side, but after their group conference, (the conference where they talk about who is savable and who is not) they concluded that they wouldn't give me one. Again, maybe Dr. Phil can get one going for me. I'll ask around. Perhaps there is a back alley underground black market surgeon, the one with the coat hanger, maybe he'll do it. More resources needed, more appointments. More work, more worth, more life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks to you i have this beautiful picture on my wall of this plump, ripe strawberry on a glorious sunny background that was lovingly made and every time i look at it, it reminds me of how robust and beautiful you are. what struck me the most about that wonderful evening is how you danced, laughed, smiled, told jokes...you are someone who is bursting with life and love...no one can take that from you :)
linda

AppleTree 43 said...

Time to call the TV stations and go public. Can't hurt.
Your blog says it all, send it to a few stations..with a bit of history.
Who are the doctors to play God of how gets surgery and who doesn't.
You deserve every fighting chance possible....and if that's surgery, then surgery you should get.
I'm pissed off!

Anonymous said...

Why do they think you aren't a good candidate? Are their reasons sound? Just wondering cause that's where you will be able to poke holes in their reasoning.
If they don't have a good reason go public. Had a great time at the benefit. Love my stain glass sailboat!
Luv u Miche